Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Date Night, Dollar Dogs and Staples!

After a long week, Billy asked me to go with him and some friends to the Hurricanes game rather than taking Logan.  It was dollar hot dog night which was a bonus and we had great seats right on the glass.  Neither one of us had ever sat that close and we were enjoying the game until 4 minutes left in the 3rd period when a flying puck hit me in the head. Initially I had no idea what happened, I just held the side of my head trying to gather my thoughts and figure out what just hit me. As I sat there I started to feel the blood running down the side of my head. 
I'm certain that I was in shock as I walked up the steps of the arena to be check out by the medical staff. They asked me a few questions that I didn't know the answer to, really hard questions like "where are you from" and "who is the president."  After a short stay in the First Aid Station we headed off to the ER.  After a couple hours I came out diagnosed with a concussion and 4 staples in the side of my head.
As I sit here typing with a headache and my brain feeling larger than my head I am thankful it was me and not Logan who was originally going to the game.  So, currently I don't have a desire to attend another game however in the future I might just make iton ESPN because I will be the lady wearing a helmet.


 Waiting on the opening Face-off

 Face-off in our defensive zone

Eric Staal just scored the game tying Goal!

Alex Ovechkin just before he assisted with the winning goal

The after party!  I think this was rag number 4 to stop the bleeding.

                                                         Yes I did get the puck

6 comments:

  1. Hey! You do remember ME, right? You'd better. We'll grab lunch and I'll fill ya in, kay?
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your funny Lisa! Why are you moving back to PA??? Let's have lunch so you can fill me in on whats going on in your life. he-he Thank you again for taking my crew yesterday. I have no idea what I would have done or what my house would have looked like if you didn't pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a swift recovery! Hope to see you Thursday? Sending love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!!! I hope you are all better now!!! But it will make a great story for the grandkids!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, girl...just got online today and saw your current status...praying for you. Glad it wasn't one more ordeal to add to Logan's long list of ER trips, but sad it was you sweetie! Love ya all the way from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! I'm so sorry! Hope you can recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete