Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Secret Keeper Girl-Real Physical Beauty

Maddy and I are working through a book "Secret Keeper Girl" by Danna Gresh.
This week we headed out for our second date together. We had a fun night of laughing and heart to heart talks.

 Date #2  Real Physical Beauty
Focusing on what scripture says about beauty and the importance of taking care of your physical body.

We listened to a short CD on our way to the first stop. It provided a great conversation starter.

We stopped in a store at the mall to look and talk about the computerized edited pictures on the front cover of magazines amongst other things such as modesty, inappropriate topics..etc. It really has been a while since I have looked at a magazine rack and I must admit my heart skipped a few beats as I read the cover on a few teen magazines. (gulp, I need to be praying more for my kids!)   Unbelievable!!!

We stopped in to get a haircut, the beautician talked with Maddy about proper hair care and participated in my conversations about taking proper care of your skin and body. We are not talking about vanity here, just taking care of the body as an act of worship.

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
1Corinthians 19-20

After her haircut went to one of Maddy's favorite restaurants.

We talked through many topics throughout our dinner including not comparing yourself with the world's standard of beauty (that is never obtainable and leaves one feeling empty) but digging into scripture to know you are uniquely created.



"But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” 1Samuel 16:7



We listed to a CD on the way home and ended the night praying together. Maddy shared with Billy and Breanna all that we talked about during our evening & Breanna shared this video with Maddy.  It was a nice fit to our night out together. 

  
"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."
 Psalm 139:14


The link to the Secret Keepers website is here
 #1- Secret Keeper blog is here

What verses can you add for Maddy to look up on Physical Beauty????

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love this!!! I'm going to check out SecretKeepers for my girls!

    ReplyDelete