Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Growing Up-She is His

Growing up!
I have no idea how this happened. It just seemed like yesterday I was rocking my first little baby girl. She was 4 weeks premature and so tiny.  Soon after though, I would find myself wondering when she would take her first steps and say her first word. Recently, Breanna got her driving licence AND a job within the same week.

Breanna interviewed and accepted a position at Hershey Park. She is excited about the position but might not be as excited about the uniform. Those shorts are pretty high waisted, I must admit but they do offer to wash them daily! There are several perks with working at the park and it seems like a great place work and she could have a fun summer doing it. We will certainly keep you posted on her first employment.
 

In the same week Breanna, walked in the door with her freshly printed drivers licence and asked to take the kids to Sonic for ice cream. Not, "can I go see my friends, go to the mall, go do something for myself." She asked to take her siblings out and she used her own money to buy them ice cream. They celebrated together and Breanna received praises from her little passengers of how she is a "good driver."  It's little moments like this that I treasure and want to tuck away in my memory forever. I was thankful for their time and I have to admit I breathed a sigh of relief when they pulled back in the driveway.  There are an endless amount of opportunities raising children when I am challenged to trust the Lord; that He loves them far more than I ever can and He is their protector.

Watching my little 4 year old jump out of the car with a bookbag bigger than her body going into her first day of school-stretched me. He is her protector 
 first sleepovers- stretched me. He is her protector 
first walks around the neighborhood- stretched me. He is her protector
 staying by herself for the first time- stretched me. He is her protector
watching my young teen get on a plane to go thousands of miles away for her first of many mission trips by herself- stretched me. He is her protector
 first boy relationship- stretched me. He is her protector
 getting into a car driving away- stretched me. He is her protector
 
Stretched me to trust in the Lord and know that He is sovereign, He is good and 
HE is her protector.  
He was the one who wove her together in my womb, the one who uniquely created her and loves her perfectly. We have been entrusted to raise and train her but to know
She is His.
 
 Getting her picture for the license! smile!
 
 
Here is a video that Breanna took of Olivia when they went to Sonic for ice cream. She was a little excited and maybe even on a bit of a sugar rush.
 
 
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment