Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No Fear!! - By Billy

Have you ever been to the airport and stepped on one of those moving sidewalks?  When you first step on it jerks a little bit and whisks you away down the terminal.  After you get your bearings all you have to do is walk normally but in reality you are moving much faster than the other people walking along beside you.  That's how I feel this past week or so has been for us.  We stepped on the moving sidewalk by putting our house on the market and pursuing a new job opportunity in PA.  Thirteen days after we listed our house we signed the contract and will close on May 5.  Just 2 days later I got confirmation that I got the job in PA and will begin March 28.  With those big events behind us I feel like we can start to walk along this process again when in reality we are traveling faster than before toward Harrisburg.
I gave my notice to my Sales Manager Monday morning and thanked him for the opportunity to work for Pepsi.  I have been there nearly 9 years so parting that company is bittersweet for me.  I enjoy my job and the people I work with.  When I began as a weekend merchandiser 9 years ago I had no idea what to expect.  I just needed a job to support our family, Maddy had just been born a few months earlier and our family had grown to 4!!  (Seems small now)  So a dear friend got me in the door at Pepsi and I was able to begin my career there.  I worked a few other positions over the years before I was promoted to my current position where I have been for almost 5 years. 
For those of  you who have never been afforded the opportunity to see my company vehicle you are missing out!  I have a 2008 Toyota Prius, sounds pretty sweet doesn't it?  Not really, unless you have seen it.  Its wrapped with graphics from one of our products, No Fear Energy.  So my little blue Prius is actually black and red with a big skull on each rear quarter panel and NO FEAR written down the sides.  Its always fun to drive around because people do a double take to figure out exactly what is plastered all over my car.  Its sort of a rebellious outlet for me, little do people know the driver of such a beast of a vehicle is wearing khaki pants, a polo shirt and listening to KLOVE radio on the inside.  After I gave my notice yesterday morning I was walking to my car as I have done for so many years and it struck me as a reminder of what God is doing through this process.  "No Fear," I thought.  I am about to go get in my car, the seat is set for me, the radio is programmed to the stations I like and I know how the car handles and drives, but soon I will be giving it up.  Soon I will walk to another vehicle in another state for another job.  My prayer is that the message will remain the same, NO FEAR!
God has been so gracious to us through this process, even when its seemed difficult.  Michelle and I have grown both individually and as a couple.  He has strengthened our relationship with our ministry partners Shawn and Lisa.  I count them as friends whom I love that I get the opportunity to do ministry with.  As we are travelling down this path toward Harrisburg and planting there we are being moved along quickly by the timing of things but just like those sidewalks in airport, God allows us to gain our balance, learn to operate in the pace He has set and enjoy the ride.

3 comments:

  1. love youz guys so very much! love this post, rev. good stuff.
    "The LORD is my light and my salvation;
    Whom shall I fear?
    The LORD is the strength of my life;
    Of whom shall I be afraid?"
    Psalm 27:1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss seeing the car in the neighborhood. I'll miss you guys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome man. You really don't know how much I cant wait to be reunited with my Brother again. I truly miss you guys. Awesome blog...awesome song. I heard that song once but didn't know the title or artist so I couldn't find it. Now I have it. Love you all.

    Your Little Brother,
    Robert(Bobby)

    ReplyDelete