Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

not perfect....BUT

I have been plugging along reading through the the New Testament and I'm currently in Luke.  I stopped in chapter 5 and read it a few times through out the day. A few verses that stuck out were:

 27 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. “Follow me,” Jesus said to him, 28 and Levi got up, left everything and followed him.

Several times in scripture people instantaneously, without questioning, "Follow Him".  Levi  immediately got up, left everything and followed without assessing the risk. Leaving his job, possibly his comfortable home, friends, everything he knew to follow.  As I meditated on this scripture I thought, Following your calling doesn't mean assessing the risk. Focusing on the risk leads to being paralyzed in action and disobedience. I'm not talking about being reckless but when the Lord places specific direction in our lives and we spend time trying to plan for all the uncertainties we only get hung up on all the unknowns and are paralyzed, missing learning opportunities through the process.

Later that day, after having a house full of kids, numerous training moments, evening activities, empty boxes in the living room that needs to be filled, an endless to do list without anything checked off, a child crying herself to sleep with a headache, a mound of laundry, a van that is rattling and sputtering, dinner, baths, dealing with an issue with the realtor and Billy out of town . It should be time for bed but, a thunderstorm rolled in and I have a house full of sleepy, scared little kids snuggling in my bed and not  to mention a dog that needs anxiety meds during a storm. At the end of myself, clinging to the truth that Jesus is enough regardless of circumstances. I'm reminded of the lesson learned today, this is all part of the process and I pray that my heart is tender, pliable and I may not miss the learning opportunities through the process.

Keep pressing into Him, when circumstances are not perfect BUT God is and He can use everything for growth. When our spirit is willing but our flesh is weak He is enough....He IS enough.

1 comment:

  1. good word, my friend. good word.
    love you, more than words.

    ReplyDelete