Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

17th Wedding Anniversary - in NYC

Billy surprised me Monday morning by taking me to NYC to celebrate our 17th  wedding Anniversary. We had a great time hanging out and making memories together. We went shopping, dining and sight seeing.  We decided not to take my camera and just enjoy the day together rather than behind the lens.  We did manage to get a few pictures on our phones though.


On the way to NYC, Billy surprised me with a stop in Hoboken NJ at Carlo's Bakery. This is love folks...to wait in line to get inside a bakery! I just couldn't wait to try Carlo's Canollis and see all the baked goods, speciality cakes and take some pointers. Oh it was sweet, I so enjoyed being in the bakery and seeing in person where all the shows on TV had been taped. They were filming a commercial while we were at the bakery so there was a large crowd on the street. Billy went and bought a cooler to keep our treats fresh until we got home. I enjoyed a Canolli this morning while I read my bible and had a few moments of quietness. This would have been the perfect day if this was the only place that we went, but the day had just begun!!


 Yep, the little ganache cakes! I am so making them very soon.


Wow! That's a lot of people in the little bakery! As you stand and wait there are bakers going back and forth bringing out fresh goods and filling up the display cases.  I enjoyed looking at the large refrigerator in the corner where they store the special order cakes.  There was even a lady there placing an order at the small table you see in the show.

Yep, I have a very thoughtful & special husband!


 Good morning NYC!!!
We took the  ferry from Staten Island to Manhattan. I just love this view on the way over!

Billy had made reservations at David Burke's Kitchen in SOHO for lunch. It is restaurant week in NYC so there were a number of restaurants who were offering great deals on dining.  We had a very nice lunch and one I would totally go back for the next time we are in NYC...well, we might have to try something new but I would highly suggest this restaurant!





Appetizers...I had the Asparagus & Buratta Salad.  Billy had the Tuna Tartare Tacos and I even tried a bite of his, my first experience with raw fish.


Billy's main dish Black Sea Bass/baby spinach/shiitake/tomato/lemon soy


mine...Salmon /grilled eggplant/ baby zucchini/ tomato miso

Oh my! The desserts were a great ending to a wonderful lunch.  We had Peaches & Cream Tart and the Brownie Island.


yes, again it was good and a very creative dish
After lunch we spent time shopping in SOHO and even stopped a few minutes to watch the filming of a movie.  Later we hopped on the subway and rode to Midtown and saw Grand Central Station.  It was enormous and very busy!


Inside Grand Central Station


I totally enjoyed walking through Little Italy! Next time we must eat in this area. I didn't so much enjoy going through Chinatown. It was craziness!  People chasing you down to purchase knock off purses, watches, and who knows what else..sketchy for sure!


We did some shopping while sight seeing ending the evening in Times Square. It is so much to take in and definitely a place to get my fix of people watching!!!

We had a great time together and made plenty of memories celebrating our 17th Anniversary. I am a blessed lady for sure....thankful for God's sovereignty and goodness.

"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Mark 10:6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment