Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Olivia's 5 year old Super Mario Birthday


We had a special celebration for Olivia's 5th Birthday. Just like any parent, I can't believe how time has flown by and my "sweet pea" is 5 years old. It seems like yesterday I was a bit surprised to find out I was pregnant with my 4th child. She brings so much to our family. Her animated faces, inquisitive nature, silly dancing, competitiveness, creativity, endless pretend play, flexible, love for her siblings, her continuous words of affirmation "Mom your the best cake maker in the world" "Dad your the best worker in the world", Maddy, your the best book reader in the world", "Logan your the best sports player in the world", "Breanna your the best art person in the world"


Blowing out her candles

 We had a few friends join us for cake and ice cream.


 Even though we said it was totally not necessary to bring gifts she somehow ended up with a few to open.
 We spent some time hanging out playing. I met this sweet family at Logan's bus stop and I am so thankful for our walks in the neighborhood, chats at the bus stop and quick childcare exchanges with the kids when we are in a pinch.
 Here are a few pictures I put up for Olivia's Birthday. Olivia and I spent some time looking at her baby book during the day.

I surprised Olivia with a trip to Chucke Cheese (yes I took Tylenol after our outing!)  and she had a blast picking out a few toys with her money from grandma and grandpa.


Papa and Nana have a very special way of singing Happy Birthday. The kids look forward to their phone call and now thanks to technology skype! Also, a bonus she was able to open her gift while the grandparents watched.

Olivia went to bed and said "this was the best birthday ever"

Cakes are a BIG deal at our house. Our kids start planning for their birthday cake months in advance. While working on Olivia's cake she started planing for her cake next year! The kids anticipate the cake "coming together" while they come in and out of the kitchen however Olivia tends to be in the kitchen most of the time helping.


Olivia's favorite thing to do is sifting. Can you tell?  Well....I did tell her she could lick the bowl. She cracks me up!

Olivia asked for a Super Mario birthday cake with a princes peach castle (All Chocolate!) .  A pretty big request but she is turning 5years old right?  This is a picture after many, many hours in the kitchen making cakes, icing, making fondant and more fondant. This is the fun part for sure! It was like I was really playing the game while decorating. 
Olivia is holding the super Mario book, giving gentle suggestions on what I should make to put on the cake.  ohh and yes, the castle is cake as well. lots and lots of cake!!


 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  Psalms 139:13-16

Happy Birthday, "Sweet Pea"

1 comment:

  1. I hate that we missed out on the party!!! But it looks like she certainly had fun with her party guests.
    The cake - well, you know I believe YOU ARE the cake boss. Magnificent, spectacular - a true master piece.
    Happy birthdy, Libby!
    xoxo from all them Shays around the corner

    ReplyDelete