Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New York, New York!

 11 of us all together, 7 kids and we ALL made it back to PA! We had lots of fun walking the streets of NYC. This year, Logan was given a small dose of nausea medication for the drive and train ride and it worked! Yay, he was so excited not to be sick in NYC this year. We thought it was going to be pretty chilly in the city but I must admit we were all shedding layers throughout the day. Many fun times, laughs and sweet memories were made.
 
 

Checking out the interactive windows at Macy's
 

 
Olivia was anticipating looking at a few windows. It's so much fun watching kids experience things they enjoy.

 
The details are just so intriguing and I can assure you that Logan enjoyed this so much more than last year when it took a few hours for him to recover from car sickness.


The American Girl boutique...Caught the boyz appeasing the ladies (Maddy and Olivia) by watching the beauticians work. hehe


My sweet Maddy, approaching the tween years, I love to see her enjoying being a young girl.
 


It was fun to turn around to capture a moment and Lisa was already clicking. Fun!!!
 

 
So many things to look at and experience, however the moments together trump them all....

 
The youngest boys sight seeing together, carrying on deep conversations like two old men. And even walking arms linked every once in a while.

 
Sometimes the excitement was too much to handle so the best option was just to hug.

Yes, ALL of us took the opportunity to hop across the street to reenact Buddy the Elf...Lots of laughter. (Thankful Lisa snagged this shot, it's one that I tucked away in my memory forever..just makes me chuckle every time I think about it)
 
 




 
Times Square...New York City


Rockefeller plaza, Something Special about Christmas Time in New York City

 
Fun!!!
We had to go to FAO Shwarz and play on the big piano!

 
 
 
The kids got a kick out of playing all the games in the toy store...but this guy was a hit with his magic tricks. 

 
Titus cracked me up and I just loved watching his facial expressions

 
Okay. the Chestnuts smelled wonderful and they bring fun songs to mind about Christmas time HOWEVER they aren't that tasty... at all. 
 
  
It's for the experience...
 

Good? Nope, Not good at all...something about the center being too soft.  Maddy said they tasted like mashed potatoes.
 

 
Waiting patiently to go ice skating. With 11 people traveling together there was a lot of waiting because someone had to hit the potty every few minutes. 

Moments like this....priceless
 

You can see Titus is hanging on for dear life however what cracks me up the most about this picture is Shawn is in the background...bent over headed toward the wall and mouth wide open.
The title should be "This is gonna hurt! "


Keeping all the bags secure and telling all our kids how to skate "wink"
 



Catching it all on video in Times Square

 
Hehe, Shawn photo-bombing an otherwise beautiful picture.
 
 
The Morrison Crew, in Times Square...Gosh can we just do this all over again?  It was getting pretty late. We stayed longer than we thought we would have and Titus looked up and said "I sure wish we knew someone that we could stay with in NYC so we can do this again tomorrow"
Yes, buddy I get that...
  
Very tired and ready to get home........On the train heading back to NJ
 
Memories made,
time well spent,
Would do it all again!
 
Last year's visit to New York 2011 is here


1 comment:

  1. Love love love! Would it count if copied and pasted this post as my own. Sigh... I'll get there.
    So, I never noticed Shawn in the background of the photo at the ice rink. bwahahahaha!
    And, I totally forgot that Elijah was videoing and snapping away with Shawn ipod. I'll have a new batch for you in a few when I get a hold of that device. Thanks for capturing this great memory on the blog. Loved it in the real and loved reading about it.
    So, I was there, huh?

    ReplyDelete