Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Throw Back Thursday-neighborhood production



Here is a video I dug up from the vault. This was Christmas Eve 2009 and the kids "made a church" in the woods and had several services for the neighbors. Once the people stopped coming the kids took the production to the neighborhood.  They went to all the houses on the street to share the Christmas story.

This all started when Logan's friend told him that he had not been to church and he didn't really know the Christmas story. Logan went to work building a cross out of sticks and Maddy organized some neighborhood children to fill the different characters. They alternated turns reading the story and were so serious as they taught others about Christmas.  I must admit the Lord was graciously teaching this mama that day as well as the kids. They were coming in and out of the house collecting bibles, towels, books (advent)  and other items.  Little did I know what the Lord was doing in their hearts as I looked up in my cleaning frenzy and noticed neighbors passing by my window to go into the woods.  The Lord was graciously teaching me a big lesson that day as he does very often through our children.
 click on the box below.....

No comments:

Post a Comment